The Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of guests, team members, the property while delivering outstanding service and financial profitability.
- Patrol the interior and perimeter of the hotel and property to observe and identify potential safety risks, security risks and undesirable conditions
- Respond to emergency situations including, but not limited to, safety hazards, fires, medical emergencies and threats to life and/or property.
- Diligently monitor building video surveillance and access control systems.
- Diligently monitor and operate the building fire alarm control panel
- Conduct regular inspections of various security operating systems.
- Conduct investigations of accidents, thefts, property loss and unlawful activities and provide detailed, objective and timely reports for each shift or incident according to company policies and procedures.
- Promote safe hotel and work practices and implementing preventive measures as needed.
- Perform general security administrative duties, such as, maintaining daily key, radio, and activity logs.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with OSHA and other federal, state and local standards
- Assist in the development, administration and implementation of safety incentive programs and safety training classes.
- Serve as primary liaison with federal, state and local law enforcement.
- Oversee the administration and accuracy of all required reports and documentation.
- Receive, record and deliver lost and found items according to hotel policies.
- Receive, record, and deliver incoming parcels according to hotel policies.
- Escort guests and employees as required to parking lots.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve guest issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Execution of employee Container/Bag Checks.
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities and informing guests and employees of policy and procedures
- Take ownership of the Security Department in the absence of the Director of Security and be ready to step in and support co-workers, as needed.
- Perform duties, special assignments and projects as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- 2+ years of experience in a security or Police (military or civilian) position.
- Any certifications or licenses required by state or local jurisdiction.
- Experience in hospitality or similar industry preferred.
- Valid CPR/AED and first aid certification preferred.
Isla Bella Beach Resort is a 5 star 4 diamond hotel located on its own private island in the Florida Keys. We are located in Marathon, FL with 199 guest rooms, spa, marketplace, several restaurants, 10,000 sq. ft. meeting space, and 5 pools. Check us out online at islabellabeachresort.com and become part of the family today!