The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for helping the Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Manager with the coordination and supervision of the hotel's housekeeping department in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Assist in the leadership and management of the housekeeping and laundry staff: hire, train, develop, assess and empower staff to achieve the department's goals.
• Assist with the planning, organizing, and monitoring of staff activities to ensure compliance with cleanliness and quality assurance standards set by hotel.
• Inspect guest rooms and public space areas including restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.
• Assist in the maintenance, ordering and securing of inventory.
• Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage.
• As needed, evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, décor, etc., make recommendations and assist in the coordinating of rehab projects.
• Assist in the oversight of the laundry operation to ensure productivity standards are met, safety procedures are followed and the company assets are maintained and protected.
• Ensure that all employees meet the uniform standards at all times which includes clean uniforms, neat presentation, proper daily hygiene and use of name tags.
• Ensure constant communication and coordination between housekeeping and laundry departments.
• Ensure that all staff members are adhering to all safety and security procedures including entering of guest rooms (both staff member and guest requests to open guest room doors), master key protection, work space safety, reporting lost or damage hotel property, fire safety and reporting suspicious situations.
• Work collaboratively with other departments, such as Front Desk and Maintenance departments.
• As needed, compile and report accurate guest-room status to Front Office team and ensures that corrective action is taken.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports that align performance and rewards, address performance issues and hold staff accountable for successful results.
• Manage according to established company policies and procedures.
• Ensure and train employees to deliver outstanding customer service and maintain a safe/secure environment at all times.
• As needed, resolve guest complaints and answer questions regarding rooms and common areas.
• Assist and support team as needed to ensure efficient operation.
• Ensure that both carts and supply closets are kept clean, neat, and stocked according to housekeeping guidelines.
• Assist room attendants and house persons in securing all supplies and tools necessary for the completion of their jobs and be ready to step in and support them as needed to ensure efficient operation.
• Coordinate with laundry to ensure linen is picked up and delivered to meet hotel needs.
• Fill in and support employees as needed to ensure efficient operation.
• Perform duties, special assignments and projects as requested by management.
• Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Housekeeping supervisory experience in a hotel/resort.
Isla Bella Beach Resort is a 5 star 4 diamond hotel located on its own private island in the Florida Keys. We are located in Marathon, FL with 199 guest rooms, spa, marketplace, several restaurants, 10,000 sq. ft. meeting space, and 5 pools. Check us out online at islabellabeachresort.com and become part of the family today!