Area Banquet Manager
The Area Banquet Manager is responsible for managing the daily execution of all banquet functions in Isla Bella and Faro Blanco, by continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
- Manage daily Banquet functions to include, but not limited to, planning, organizing and executing breakfasts, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, cocktail receptions, galas, etc.
- Forecast, implement, monitor, control and report on the banquet budgets and their components to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies, and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of banquet employees; hire, train, develop, assess and empower staff to achieve the department's goals.
- Oversee the set-up of function rooms to include, but not limited to, the placement of linens, silver, glassware and chinaware according to event specifications and a full inspection.
- Communicate function specifications, procedures and changes with affected departments including, but not limited to, the Food and Beverage, Event Services, Property Operations, Audio Visual and Housekeeping
- Oversee the breakdown of the function room and ensure proper storage of equipment.
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products.
- Assist in the selection and development of event drink and food menus to ensure consistent quality.
- Oversee food and beverage preparation and visually inspect all products sent from the kitchen to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Ensure that the banquet operation is in compliance with company, brand, federal, state, and local laws/regulations for example, OSHA, Wage and Hour (tip reporting), Health, Sanitation, Alcohol Beverage Control, hotel and company policies.
- Create staff schedules to ensure that demand is met and that restaurant is operating efficiently.
- Ensure and train employees to maintain a safe and secure environment at all times.
- Resolve guest’s complaints and answer questions regarding menu items and beverages served and their contents and preparation.
- Take ownership of the department and be ready to step in and support banquet and other F&B employees as needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Complete and maintain up-to-date alcohol serving class, such as TIPS or other state approved classes.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Assist in Food & Beverage Outlets as needed.
- Assist catering sales on all special menus and price structures.
- Perform duties, special assignments and projects as requested by management.
• Degree in Culinary Management or Hospitality Management preferred.
• 5+ years of luxury hotel banquet supervisory experience required.
Isla Bella Beach Resort is a 5 star 4 diamond resort located on its own private island in the Florida Keys. We are located in Marathon, FL with 199 guest rooms, spa, marketplace, several restaurants, 10,000 sq. ft. meeting space, and 5 pools.
Faro Blanco Resort is a resort located on the marina with its own lighthouse overlooking the gulf. We are located in Marathon, FL with 125 guest rooms, 74 boat slips, coffee bar, restaurant, 2 pools, and over 10,000 sq ft. of indoor and outdoor meeting space.