The Telephone Operator is responsible for answering and routing phone calls in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
- Operates multi-line equipment
- Answers phones in a polite professional manner
- Uses computer to verify identity/room number of guests being called
- Directs calls to appropriate extension
- Records messages/guest requests on appropriate computer screen, forwards messages/requests to respective individuals or departments
- Provides accurate directions to hotel from major inbound locations
- Answers questions regarding hotel functions and facilities
- Transmits messages via computer, two-way radio and digital pager
- Receives, processes wake-up calls, room service orders and guest requests
- Performs wake-up call functions
- Transmits messages via computer and facsimile machine
- Serves as communication hub during Emergency Procedures
- Monitors timelines of Service Recovery Logs
- Monitors operation of call accounting equipment to ensure proper application of charges and collection of revenues
- Provides standard directions to be provided to guests
- If necessary, greet, check-in and checkout guests approaching the Front Desk in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner and in accordance with company, hotel and brand standards
- Fill in and support coworkers and team as needed to ensure efficient operation
- Perform duties, special assignments and projects as requested by management
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent education/experience required.
- 6+ months of customer service experience required.
- Basic skills in Microsoft office and hotel property management systems as required.
Isla Bella Beach Resort is a 5 star 4 diamond resort located on its own private island in the Florida Keys. We are located in Marathon, FL with 199 guest rooms, spa, marketplace, several restaurants, 10,000 sq. ft. meeting space, and 5 pools. Check us out online at islabellabeachresort.com and become part of the family today!