The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting in the direction and administration of the planning, preparation, production and control of all culinary operations while maintaining profitable F&B operations and high quality products and service levels.
• Assist the Executive Chef with the supervision and coordination of culinary activities and employees; hire, train, develop, assess and empower staff to achieve the department's goals.
• Assist with the forecasting, implementing, monitoring, controlling and reporting on the various outlet budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc.) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
• Assist in the creation of culinary staff schedules to ensure that demand is met and that kitchen is operating efficiently.
• Assist in the planning and directing of food preparation and visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen to ensure quality and timeliness.
• Assist in the creation and implementation of menu selections for special banquet themes and events based on current food trends and regional tastes in partnership with the Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage.
• Partner with the Executive Chef in the selection and development of recipes to ensure consistent quality.
• Establish presentation technique and quality standards for the kitchen.
• Estimate food consumption and demand and order supplies, food, and ingredients accordingly.
• Monitor, control and manage kitchen costs and expenses according to the budget.
• Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products.
• Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance.
• Practice and ensure kitchen cleanliness, correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations.
• Ensure and train employees to maintain a safe and secure environment at all times and comply with company standards of quality, specifications, portion control, recipes, employee relations, sanitation, etc.
• Coordinate and monitor inventory and par levels.
• Manage loss prevention and security of inventory and food items.
• Cook selected items or for select occasions as needed.
• Oversee special catering events and offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques.
• Assist catering sales on all special menus and price structures.
• Interacting with guests and clients to monitor and assess satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly.
• Fill in and support coworkers and the front of the house team as needed to ensure efficient operation.
• Perform duties, special assignments and projects as requested by management.
• A degree in Culinary Management or Hospitality Management preferred
• 3+ years of culinary management experience in a full-service hotel environment.
We offer great benefits and perks. Medical, dental, vision, ancillaries, sister property hotel discount, housing based on availability, and much more.
Isla Bella Beach Resort is a 5 star 4 diamond resort located on its own private island in the Florida Keys. We are located in Marathon, FL with 199 guest rooms, spa, marketplace, several restaurants, 10,000 sq. ft. meeting space, and 5 pools. Check us out online at islabellabeachresort.com and become part of the family today!